1. The contests hosted on this site are open to residents of the United States. Participants are limited to one win per 30 days with the exception of the 14 Days of Valentines contest in which winners from days 1-13 will also be eligible to enter the grand prize drawing held on February 14, 2012.
2. The prize(s) for each contest will vary, but approximate retail value of the prizes will be disclosed during the contest.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter. In some cases, questions may be asked from the book and the answers can be obtained by reading a free excerpt.
4. A single winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries submitted during the timeframe for entry using a third party draw service through Random.org. Winners will be posted on Facebook and notified by email and have 72 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected through Random.org.
5. Participation in any contest does not entitle you to a prize.
6. In the case of contests that require participants to provide an answer(s). Each participant is allowed only one answer. The participant’s first answer submitted will be deemed the official entry.
7. All federal, state, and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
8. In most cases the author will hold contests via Facebook. Facebook is not a sponsor or affiliated in any way to contests held by the author and/or promoted on Facebook.
9. Hitting the Facebook Like button on the specified contest page is highly-recommended as the fastest way of gaining information regarding most contests held by the author. In addition to receiving contest information you will receive periodic information regarding the author’s latest book release, forthcoming novels by the author, book excerpts, and/or book giveaways and other promotional information regarding the author’s work.
9. Author and/or its sponsor reserve the right to cancel, postpone, or stop any contest at any time in its sole discretion. Author and/or its sponsor reserve the right to change or eliminate contest information on the website at any time without notification.
10. In the event of dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry, as assigned by the provider responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the associated domain. Potential winner may be requested to provide proof of account authorization.
11. Author and/or Sponsor (s) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries nor telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the contest.
12. In the case that an author secures a sponsor to pay for prizes associated with the contest this is not to be deemed as an endorsement of the sponsor’s products or services unless otherwise stated by the author, nor is the sponsor endorsing any products being offered for sale on the author’s website unless otherwise stated by the sponsor.
Thank you for your interest.
If you are a business and would like to sponsor one of Cheryl’s contests, please contact her at email@example.com.